This was the design, even though I think I will finally only do the stamp on the middle and probably ignore the dark dots, as they don't convince me:
It has 192 pages of Fedrigoni paper and it is A5 size. The style is a regular Ethiopian, as I didn't want to spend too much time on the structure, I wanted to go straight to the decoration part.
After sewing and trimming, I used anilines to paint the edges:
Then I put on the cardboards and I used a thin saw to cut the boards to a shape.
Which was then glued to the covers. I am sorry, I forgot to take a picture of that step hehe.
Anyway, I dyed some leather using Fiebing's red, one of my favourite dyes, and I put it on:
This is how it is looking now. I intent to do some tooling, gilding and mosaique work on that cover. I have great hopes it will look good!